The Halo Forum > Previous Halo titles > Halo 3 > Competitive Gaming
Reply
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
̴M҉EM̢E͟ ͞KING̵
Stagga's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,591
Subtract from Stagga's ReputationAdd to Stagga's Reputation Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Stagga
#111
08-23-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmKoopa View Post
1) How expensive are they?
2) Sennheiser>A40's??? Not spoiled, I have a summer/after school job.
3) lol
4) idk what you mean by that
1a) ASUS VH222H or VH226H (which I've heard are better than the ViewSonic VX2260WMs that every MLG fanboy get and which I've played on before, it's really good) monitors are $170 on NewEgg. After MIR it's around $150.

1b) AD700s are around $86 on amazon, Senns are $130. Get the clip-on mic with AD700s and an A40 mixamp and you have a way better setup than A40 headset + mixamp.

2) AD700s > Sennheiser HD 555s > Sennheiser PC 350s > Turtle Beach HPX > A40s > cheap Senns > regular headphones.

Don't get me wrong, A40s are great, but they're not the best. If you must get a headset, get the PC 350s if you want to spend a lot. If on a budget, get the HPXs.The clip-on mic is not the best for tourneys, but it's fine for XBL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
stagga stood with his palms in a sweat
wetter than eminems, i would bet
but his voice in a mic
was something to like
he'll be drowned in a pussy quartet
Level 28
IAmKoopa's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PD, Caly
Posts: 1,371
Subtract from IAmKoopa's ReputationAdd to IAmKoopa's Reputation IAmKoopa is a novice
#112
08-24-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldYrPistlSTR8 View Post
1a) ASUS VH222H or VH226H (which I've heard are better than the ViewSonic VX2260WMs that every MLG fanboy get and which I've played on before, it's really good) monitors are $170 on NewEgg. After MIR it's around $150.

1b) AD700s are around $86 on amazon, Senns are $130. Get the clip-on mic with AD700s and an A40 mixamp and you have a way better setup than A40 headset + mixamp.

2) AD700s > Sennheiser HD 555s > Sennheiser PC 350s > Turtle Beach HPX > A40s > cheap Senns > regular headphones.

Don't get me wrong, A40s are great, but they're not the best. If you must get a headset, get the PC 350s if you want to spend a lot. If on a budget, get the HPXs.The clip-on mic is not the best for tourneys, but it's fine for XBL.
1) I will prolly get the senn 555s after I get my next paycheck.

2) I dont really think I need a new TV but then again I hear that the TV you use makes a big difference. If I was going to get one I would prolly get the one you just told me about or a Viewsonic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Just Clutch View Post
1. Steelers
2. Vikings
3. Packers
4. Str8 Rippin
̴M҉EM̢E͟ ͞KING̵
Stagga's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,591
Subtract from Stagga's ReputationAdd to Stagga's Reputation Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Stagga
#113
08-24-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmKoopa View Post
1) I will prolly get the senn 555s after I get my next paycheck.

2) I dont really think I need a new TV but then again I hear that the TV you use makes a big difference. If I was going to get one I would prolly get the one you just told me about or a Viewsonic.
Why the Senns? AD700s, as I've heard, are much better for gaming than Senns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
stagga stood with his palms in a sweat
wetter than eminems, i would bet
but his voice in a mic
was something to like
he'll be drowned in a pussy quartet
uber n00b (level 2)
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Subtract from AP3X's ReputationAdd to AP3X's Reputation AP3X is a novice
#114
08-31-2009
Default

Pretty happy with my setup:

Samsung LN55A950 55-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV LED
Marantz SR-18 Receiver Champagne Gold
Achor Bay DVDO Edge
B&W Nautilus 804 Front speakers
B&W Nautilus 805 Rear Speakers
JL Audio Fathom F113 Subwoofer (my baby)
XBox 360
Playstation 3
Mixamp
Sennheiser HD650

Work/Gaming System:
2.9Ghz Mac Pro 4gig Ram ATI HD4870 using Windows 7 RC until Windows 7 comes out.

2x 19in Sony Monitors (old school, need to upgrade to a 24in widescreen or something)

Dual Video Card is usless for me being that I play mostly strat games. First person shooters bore me easily unless it is a AAA game like Bioshock or something.
Not sure if my Mac Pro would support Crossfire anyway.

Just got the mixamp and the HD650 based off of what I have been reading on the forums. Do not know what kind of mic to get as of yet. Some people say get the Zalman clip on and others say it sucks. Gotta figure that one out.
n00b (level 8)
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17
Subtract from Deiinquent's ReputationAdd to Deiinquent's Reputation Deiinquent is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Deiinquent
#115
08-31-2009
Default

22 inch viewsonc, xbox 360, xbox 360 wired controller, macbook, regular xbox 360 mic.
AIM : PsU Delinquent
GT : Deiinquent


̴M҉EM̢E͟ ͞KING̵
Stagga's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,591
Subtract from Stagga's ReputationAdd to Stagga's Reputation Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Stagga
#116
09-01-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP3X View Post
Pretty happy with my setup:

Samsung LN55A950 55-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV LED
Marantz SR-18 Receiver Champagne Gold
Achor Bay DVDO Edge
B&W Nautilus 804 Front speakers
B&W Nautilus 805 Rear Speakers
JL Audio Fathom F113 Subwoofer (my baby)
XBox 360
Playstation 3
Mixamp
Sennheiser HD650

Work/Gaming System:
2.9Ghz Mac Pro 4gig Ram ATI HD4870 using Windows 7 RC until Windows 7 comes out.

2x 19in Sony Monitors (old school, need to upgrade to a 24in widescreen or something)

Dual Video Card is usless for me being that I play mostly strat games. First person shooters bore me easily unless it is a AAA game like Bioshock or something.
Not sure if my Mac Pro would support Crossfire anyway.

Just got the mixamp and the HD650 based off of what I have been reading on the forums. Do not know what kind of mic to get as of yet. Some people say get the Zalman clip on and others say it sucks. Gotta figure that one out.
:o

I call bs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
stagga stood with his palms in a sweat
wetter than eminems, i would bet
but his voice in a mic
was something to like
he'll be drowned in a pussy quartet
Level 15
SweePSHotS's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 261
Subtract from SweePSHotS's ReputationAdd to SweePSHotS's Reputation SweePSHotS is a novice
#117
09-05-2009
Default

32inch lcd flatscreen tv no clue what the brand is but getting a veiwsonic soon, xbox elite, astro a40 with mixamp
Level 12
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 122
Subtract from xXFiNgZXx's ReputationAdd to xXFiNgZXx's Reputation xXFiNgZXx is a novice
#118
09-05-2009
Default

Xbox 360
Viewsonic 2260/ Desktop monitor
Astro A40 Headset
Astro A40 Mixamp
32 Inch Panasonic LCD TV on Wall
4 controllers, Wired or Wireless
Level 28
IAmKoopa's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PD, Caly
Posts: 1,371
Subtract from IAmKoopa's ReputationAdd to IAmKoopa's Reputation IAmKoopa is a novice
#119
09-05-2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldYrPistlSTR8 View Post
Why the Senns? AD700s, as I've heard, are much better for gaming than Senns.
They are more my price range and I has a coupon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Just Clutch View Post
1. Steelers
2. Vikings
3. Packers
4. Str8 Rippin
Level 22
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 609
Subtract from iSpudd's ReputationAdd to iSpudd's Reputation iSpudd is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iSpudd
#120
09-05-2009
Default

I'll be getting the first part of my dream setup:
ViewSonic VX2233wm 21.5"

Then I'll need:

Astro A40's + Mixamp
New computer for PC gaming + Editing.
We can breathe in space, they just don't want us to escape.

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On